A LAW FIRM THAT DOES THINGS DIFFERENTLY – NO BILLABLE REQUIREMENT
Ms. Palmer’s philosophy is that neither clients nor attorneys are served when there is a minimum billing requirement. Attorneys cannot maintain a reasonable work/life balance when they are focused on how many hours they are required to bill each day. Minimum billing requirements put clients at risk of inflated bills, and low quality work.
EXCEPTIONAL LEGAL WORK
We are hiring family law paralegals to work remotely and serve clients in either King, Kitsap, Pierce, and/or Thurston counties to provide exceptional legal work on behalf of our clients. We have a strong systems designed to support legal professionals working remotely.
- Draft, file, serve and track general pleadings and documents/correspondence.
- Docket case schedules, hearings, mediations, depositions and associated deadlines.
- Run child support calculations.
- Assist Attorney in drafting motion paperwork, Property Settlement Agreements/Separation Contracts, final orders, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), Joint Statement of Evidence, ER 904 Notice, witness/exhibit lists, Interrogatories, Requests for Production and Subpoenas Duces Tecum and other case related pleadings and/or correspondence.
- Assemble motion documents, exhibits, Sealed Financial Source Documents, mediation materials, ER 904 Notice, Joint Statement of Evidence and trial notebooks.
- Prepare, assemble and arrange for delivery answers to Interrogatories and Requests for Production.
- Review answers to Interrogatories and Requests for Production for deficiencies and prepare memorandums and correspondence regarding same.
- Format and revise Asset and Liabilities spreadsheets.
- Schedule trial witnesses for trial preparation with Attorney, maintain testimony schedule, spreadsheet and binder for trial witnesses.
- Process incoming cases and set up new matters (e.g., document review and management, scheduling deadlines and follow-ups, etc.).
- Communicate with clients, lawyers, administrative staff and court personnel.
- Assist with drafting and review of legal documents, including pleadings and discovery.
- Proactively monitor case workflow and client file status reports and related deadlines.
- Compile and file documents electronically.
- General administrative support to attorneys.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with litigation processes, including e-filing.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, LINX and Family Soft.
- Strong organizational skills and written proficiency.
- Knowledge of Local Court Rules.
- Effectively interact with personnel, management and administrative support.
- Exercise professional communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and interact in a positive manner with clients, attorneys and court staff while in a fast-paced office with multiple deadline.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer competitive compensation packages including health insurance stipend, Simple IRA, paid time off and 11 paid holidays per year. In addition, our legal staff works only 32 hours per week, but is paid for 40 hours, with the option of Monday or Friday off each week.
A completed application, cover letter, resume and salary requirements are required for consideration. If you would like to learn more, please send an email to [email protected]. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Law Office of Sophia M. Palmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.